Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Charmed Life

This has to be the strangest year of my life,

I started this blog believing I could fill it with adventures that involve Indian weddings, but somehow life has been an unexpected journey involving a lot of lessons.

Mostly I am faced with funerals and people in hospital. I mean its endless!

Just yesterday a family member passed from some freak twist of faith, she was coughing and the next thing, they found her dead in bed.

On the way back from the funeral another group of family members met up in a car accident and 1 person passed and two are in hospital.

I am not making this up….

It is like maybe there is a lesson in this for all of us, life is unpredicatable and maybe we think we have it figured it out and know what its going to be like in the next ten minutes and suddenly everything changes.

This brings me to thinking about marriage.

Marriage is a life long commitment. Or least a commitment for part of your life.

We get caught up in what I call “Caption this Photo”

This is when you look at a couple and try and label their relationship and this is why so many woman are obsessed with how you look with your partner

Granted, some couples are very oddly matched, but usually they the happiest and that got me thinking that maybe it’s because they stopped giving a damn, because life is way too short.

Everyone has an opinion about Everything, but it is only your opinion that matters.

I use to fantasize in my younger days of a tall, muscular guy who wrote poetry and was all rebellious. And the Universe answered my call and gave me said guy and threw in a bike and earring just to make the deal sweeter. He was also smart and ambitious and I was gaga.

Until one day he went crazy from taking drugs and tried to ruin my life

I am not making this up either.

I have lived a charmed life!

I ask myself why did I want Biker Boy? And it’s because I wanted to be cool by association.

It led me nowhere.

Marriage is a life long commitment as I have said, and it basically means that you have to be very mature in your decision.

Yes , I am one of those: “It just felt right people”. But it felt right because I knew myself and therefore knew what was good for me, and could spot it when it came.

Growing up has been fun, and growing old will be better, but if I am like all these people that dies suddenly, I want to know that I followed my opinion and not other people’s opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment