Wednesday, August 18, 2010

SG

So between all the death and illness I have been seeing lately, I have come to realize that there is a lot to be grateful for and that life can be seemingly trivial at times.

I was looking at wedding cakes when I got the news that someone I considered a friend and had worked closely with for two years had passed away. She had been in coma for two weeks prior and I really believed she would recover.

Her death also made me realize that I have many gifts and that I should say thank you everyday for them.

On the other side of the fence however I was still been bombarded with questions by what I am going to call the SG. The Serial Gossipers.

My poor grandmother is lying on a ventilator in the hospital, and being my only remaining grandparent I am not feeling too comfortable with it.

On the same day that my Gran was admitted to the hospital, her sister who had been very ill also passed away and we couldn’t tell her because she was struggling to breathe as it is.

There was so much drama ensuing that you would think people would be subdued right?

Wrong!

While sitting at the hospital in the waiting area, we were asked:
Where is the venue?
What are you serving?
What are the colours?
Who is the cook?
Who is the planner?

And so on and on and on.

It’s actually a little disturbing that the SG have such empty lives that this is all that they know how to do.

You try and cut them off and they keep probing.

I have never been under so much scrutiny in my life!

My Fiancé and I took his parents to the hospital to visit my Gran and one of the members of the SG, watched me like a hawk. Actually; more like a creepy reptile would, at the point where it is about to attack you and paralyze you with some poisonous substance and make your death slow and painful.

It was like: “Come on little girl, do something wrong so I can pounce on you”.

Of course me being me, decided that it was best to just be myself, red pointy boots and tight skinny jeans included.

I do not do pretence so I am sure the SG are feeding off the flesh of my actions and words for the next few weeks.

What I cannot understand is why people are so blinded to the fact that life is so trivial.

One day you could be laughing and discussing veils with a friend, and the next you gone from the planet.

Is it really worth talking about others and being invasive and worrying about what they say or do or they way they act?

I know that every day that passes from now on, I will look at what is good and ensure that I enjoy the next 5 months I have left with my family planning my wedding. Because some people will never have the chance

No comments:

Post a Comment