Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bunnies on a Pole

The last few weeks have not been all doom and gloom

It was my Fiancé’s birthday and I tried to create some romance is our relationship since life has become dull between the fasting, work and my wedding.

I also had my bridal shower, which seriously rocked. It was all a girl could ask for, and I wanted to do it again the next day. I also received about a zillion gifts!

The theme was the Girls of the Playboy mansion and they given Boa Feathers & Bunny ears and all I saw was pink and black, add fishnets and short skirts and push up bra's. It was a sight!

The pole dancing and lap dancing lessons were really a hit with the girls that attended and everyone was keen on playing along.

I could not thank my mum enough for it.

The funny thing was that we were meant to do a girls thing after, and after much change of plan, I landed up having drinks with my two oldest friends. It was totally like coming full circle

Ten years ago we finished school, and now here we are, all grown up, and me getting married.

My one friend and I had drifted apart the last few years and there was some tension there.

Then my dad said to me recently that its time to make peace, so I did and I am glad she is back in my life.

Its strange, even though we had a tiff and were not really speaking, not even on Facebook, its like that drinks event was completely natural.

There were some tears at the bridal shower when I had to light everyone’s candles and they had to give me a message. She was all super emotional and so were most of my friends. It was really bittersweet.

I am so blessed to have so many people that care about me

No comments:

Post a Comment