Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oh Oh

So my best friend has pointed out something important,

Its like, October, November, December, Wedding!

I then realized maybe I should up the planning a little, I don’t think that I realized I am getting married yet. Think it has something to do with not having a dress or anything…….or having seen a simple table setting as yet.

The weird thing is that it feels like some sort of game, but next thing I know I will be married and will have to travel a long way to work everyday since I am being exiled to Indian Community that is my point of origin.

Ok, its not an exile really, but in my plight to be compromising and adjusting to this whole Indian Diplomacy thing, I have agreed to stay in that damned place while we find a house to buy.

So this may be the source of my “Ostrich with its head in the sand” scenario. Maybe I don’t want to face the thought of leaving my comfy little invisible life in the suburbs, where I merrily go along doing as I please, and can reach any social gathering point in about 20 minutes.

Now I need to re-adjust to traveling like 45 mins to anywhere interesting.

I think its time to equip myself for battle with the invasive aunties and gossip mongers and general stupidity. Oh how I shall miss those that know who the Sectary General of the UN is!

While I know its temporary, its still a huge challenge for me.

So now that I am accepting my fate, I am also realizing that I seriously need to get started on the planning.

To a certain degree this anxiety over the exile is making the excitement factor lessen considerably, because final destination is a fearful one.

Oh the joy of being apart of the strangest community on earth! It’s all about other people at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment