Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Censor yourself for the sake of peace

I really suck at censoring myself,

I am so brutally honest that some people are actually taken aback by it.

My best friend loves me for it, because she says that while other people tell you what they think you want to hear, but I always tell her the truth.

I am generally really transparent, take it or leave it. I cannot spend my life being something I am not.

Writing is my outlet. I can express myself better through writing than talking.

The worst thing that could happen to me was not being able to write anymore.

I have been really struggling lately because sometimes honesty is not something that people can deal with.

I can’t say it and I can’t write about it.

I am bordering on loosing my mind.

It seems I have entered into the land of diplomacy.

Man do I hate Indians sometimes, they all about not “disappointing” people or “upsetting” people.

All I have to say to that is that people should not have expectations in the first bloody place. Like stop basing your happiness on other people’s actions. How about just stepping back and letting people be happy?

My parents have done me a disfavor in some ways. They always ask us what we want first before they consider others. They are not into the pleasing people thing. Well sometimes my dad stops us from taking it too far because he reminds us that people will not understand our actions.

My mum did not invite her uncle to my wedding because both he and his wife are embarrassing and have no class at all. My mum said she just can’t deal with them, and they don’t factor into her life anyway.

I am not kidding ,this woman takes biscuits and fruit and other stuff at weddings and hides it in her bag, She also tells the longest most disjointed stories you have ever heard. She also once took an entire centerpiece off a table at a wedding and someone to run after her to get it back.

That is how little they care about what people think. The problem with this is that you forget that not everyone is like you.

So my life is starting to seem a bit like the twilight zone, with theme song and all.

I am stuck swallowing my emotions and biting my tongue and watching people make the strangest decisions that make no sense to me. And I am just going with it because what I do know is that while I have no control over what other people do, I do have control over how I act and what I feel.

If no one else is going to inject some normalcy into the situation I guess I will have to.

The worst part is that I am stuck between two different worlds and trying to make everyone happy, but its failing miserably. All I have is lots of tension and some bafflement from certain parties.

I just wish I could make everyone happy, but I know that is their job.

We all make choices and if we complain about our situation, we need to look at the choices that we are making. That is the best advice I can give. You are the master of your own life.

Whoever lied and said this is the happiest time of your life was not Indian, that’s a certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment