Friday, July 30, 2010

One Starless Night in JHB

Do people really realize how important it is to choose a friend as a life partner?

I hope that most people do, because when life is kicking your ass so hard it starts looking like a badly dubbed Karate movie, you really do need someone to translate adequately what reality looks like.

God know why, but my life is in a giant funk right now.

There is some weird shift happening inside me. And its not indigestion.

Last night I fell deeper in love.

I fell in love with the Westcliff Hotel and its view, which has been earmarked for our wedding night.

I fell in love with my future husband even more, when he smiled at me and told me that everything was going to be ok. And when he said it never matters where we are or what we are doing, every night is a beautiful night as long as we together.

And strangely enough, I fell in love with my culture.

Last night I realized that no matter how much I believed I was like the rest, I was not one of them,

People will always criticize my religion, and my culture, because of the "Backwards" beliefs.

And to a certain degree I was the same, I did not want to be boxed, I want to be a forward thinker.

But what’s wrong with preserving a culture? A religion? Or any belief? My best friend once said: "If we all the same, it would be so boring". And she is right.

Culture and Religion may bring a lot of pain to the world, but it also adds beauty and diversity. Like my mum's spice tin with all its Fragrances and jewel colours.

And mostly the thing about culture is that it unites us. In your community you are not on the outside looking in.

People in Islam, have fun without Alcohol fuelling their bodies. Their jokes and stories are different, but they having fun anyway?

I think that each person deserves the right to believe what they want to believe, and it makes me very sad that people do not treat those that are different with kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment