Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weeds

Some days things just don’t seem funny,

In fact the whole world looks pretty damn bleak.

Today is one of those days…………

I have learnt about the politics of planning a wedding.

It’s like somehow the wedding stops being about you and starts being about everyone else.

I had kind of lost my excitement through the constant tension that seems to surround it

My Fiancé was mugged and shot a few years ago and he said that the greatest lesson that he learnt from life was that it was only in times of need that you realize who your true friends are.

I usually refer to this as God weeding your life. And I must say that my garden is looking pretty bare. All the plants that I once thought were beautiful are actually just poisonous, strangling and soul destroying weeds.

On the bright side there are those genuine, rare and breathtaking flowers that fill my heart with glee whenever I look at them. And the best part of clearing the junk is that you see them more clearly.

We often focus on all the negative, and let it control our lives. That means that you never really experience the good that is happening right now.

Ok, I am done being all soppy and philosophical, but do take my advice and give the weeds the middle finger and add some profanity in for good measure.

I am only getting married once (Well at least to this guy). So it is crucial to enjoy and savor every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment