Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Acceptance

I am bad at finishing what I start,

So regardless of how tired I am today, I am going to tell you a funny story of some sort

Since the reason that I am tired is because the 2010 World Cup has arrived and I work in the TV industry, and seems that everyone needs a video of some sort.

I therefore figured that I should talk to you about attracting what you wish for.

When we first heard that the World Cup was coming to South Africa. I told one of my colleagues that in 2010 I was going to get an engaged to a soccer player.

I had someone like Fernando Torres in mind you know, like most woman.

Funny Enough I did get engaged in 2010. And my Fiancé plays soccer but he is not famous.

In the same way, I am attracting all the things that I wanted, but not in the way that I imagined.

I am getting married to a great guy that accepts me for who I am. We have understanding and respect. And we have fun together.

We will have a beautiful wedding and a beautiful life,

But I really did not bank on all the issues that would come up along the way.

Like the fact that I will always be referred to as his wife. Example, X’s wife works as a Lawyer/Accountant/Teacher

Once you married its like you lost your identity. You no longer have a name

Well to the Indians anyway.

And if you buy a house, it will be X has bought a house. No mention of the wife paying half the bond.

Its amazing how our society has evolved so much but Men get the acknowledgement for everything. And no one says well done to the wife, who also works all day and then comes home to cook and clean and see to the kids on top of all of it.

I guess that my biggest lesson through all of this is acceptance.

And realizing that you can never survive unless you stop worrying about what everyone thinks

No comments:

Post a Comment