Friday, June 4, 2010

Ring Choosing Day

The date for my engagement was set for three weeks after the proposal.

My Fiancé and I were so excited about finally getting engaged.

It was scary and nerve wrecking but so fulfilling.

We had our first major fight in that time, and the best part about that fight was that we managed to work through it, and experienced our first compromise. I realized that this was what marriage is about. You have to learn that it was not about putting one partner’s needs before the other, but meeting each other half way.

And that is about as soppy as it got for those three weeks with the exception of the happiest day of a girls life.

Ring Choosing Day!

It happened the day after our big fight, we had not planned on the fight but we had planned to visit the jeweler.

Being the over organized freak that I am, I chose a design of a ring and would show it to the jeweler. My ring was going to made with diamonds that he inherited from his granddad.

It was probably the best day of that entire period.

Whenever people upset me in those three weeks, I just thought of that day. And it got me through.

I guess that is what life is about, no matter what happens there are always those happy moments that make it all worthwhile

No comments:

Post a Comment